Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The eve of her birthday

I'm feeling a little sad tonight, knowing Olivia will be a year old tomorrow. I usually find myself mourning that she's growing, instead of rejoicing. I know she's at the age of discovery and wonder, but I already miss my baby. Exactly one year ago this hour, my water broke and we were on our way to the hospital. I'll never forget how I felt when they told us she was breech and they had to take her that night by C-section. I couldn't stop crying and shaking, even though it was a great experience overall. It was so wonderful to hold her within 3 hours of arriving at the hospital.

Here are a few pictures taken over the last week.





7 comments:

tifi*cha cha* said...

Happy Birthday, Olive! We love you!

laura said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! Heidi, I am so glad your parents, Holly, Jon and the girls all get to celebrate Olivia's birthday with her. That has to be the best present of all. I expect lots of pictures between the three of you!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Olivia! We'll see you in a few hours :-)

(What makes me most sad about this blog post is the last picture. If there is snow when we get there I will for sure cry)

Brent and Abigail said...

happy birthday olivia! don't worry about crying as she gets older. I sobbed when Colin was a month old :) each stage is wonderful and we love them all but they really do grow so fast. have a fun birthday celebration.

Kim said...

Happy birthday olivia!!!!!!

Chas and Renee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We can't believe you're one already, Olivia!

BetnyNonnie said...

I know exactly what you are thinking. I struggle with mourning their growth a bit, it is hard. Addy Lin turned 3 yesterday, I have no more babies in my house right now. They grow so fast. I love seeing the pictures of her! She is precious!