Saturday, June 28, 2008

A night out on the town with friends

Last night we went to a free concert at the City Center. We met Kevin, Stew and Claire, and Monique, Claire's sister who is visiting from South Africa. After the concert, we went out for gelato at Colangelo's Gelato.
Below is Olivia's favorite way of sleeping. She loves the blanket over her head! As parents, we say whatever works.
In front of the fountain at City Center
Claire and Olivia
Kevin and Olivia

Monique and Olivia
Heidi and Olivia
Stew and Claire
I've always wanted my baby to be well socialized and although it could be flattering that she would only want to come to me, it seems best to give her the opportunity to go to anyone. So, in my opinion, the more people who hold her and play with her, the better!

3 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

she is getting cuter and cuter! and also bigger and bigger! it was always great to have other people hold colin when he was that young - it seemed to me he always looked different since when I held him I missed half of his facial expressions! if that makes sense :) and its a nice break too. and the people colin loved to have hold him are still special to him today even after months of not seeing them.


its so funny she sleeps that way - I've heard of other kids sleeping like that but have never seen it.

laura said...

like mother like daughter..."well socialized" :)

BetnyNonnie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! And Eden used to put her "lovey" (a small Care Bear blanket) over her head when she slept. How cute!