Monday, November 21, 2011

Cool, CA

My friend and neighbor, Rachel, and I took our kids to her hometown for a week (Oct. 31st to Nov. 6th.) We fit way more into her Toyota Matrix than I thought we could, including the 3 kids. What you see here is her great solution to Damien's 3 hour nap each way. Gabe only slept about 20 minutes and both my kids were very busy the entire trip. It was about an 8 hour drive.

Cool is really close to Coloma, where gold was discovered. It's a part of the country I haven't been yet, and it was beautiful to see the foothills of the Sierra's and all of the history there.
Olivia and Damien.
Olivia in the flower bed with a cat.
Gabe on the run!
Rachel and Sally and Olivia making dried apples and applesauce by the gallons:)
Olivia got a couple tractor rides with Phil.
Gabe.
Damien and Gabe. Everyone wins in this scenario.
The 3 together.

Gabe would find an apple and just start eating it. He dropped it so much it would be covered in dirt by the time he was finished. I tried not to let that bother me.
Play-Doh.

No comments: