Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lately our life has been a little crazy. I'd love to think of myself as a consistent person, and even though I thrive in a structured environment, I don't have that character trait. So, as much as I'd like to post every day, be on time everywhere I go, and have dinner ready by 5:30 every night, it's just not in me right now.

Here are a few things that have happened in the last 12 hours:
Olivia woke up screaming b/c she had finally gone #2 (after 4 days, at 12:45am.) The aroma filled her entire room and I had to wake Bill up to help me change her. And it took 30 minutes.

I've done 2 loads of laundry.

I clean a house on Tuesday mornings and I take Olivia with me. She was so busy and wouldn't/couldn't miss anything to take a nap, so she's just now taking her first nap of the day, and was so tired it took her an hour to fall asleep.

I made chili yesterday. Bill called me today during lunch and said he had accidentally grabbed the pyrex container of diced tomatoes instead of chili for lunch and even got as far as heating it up before he realized what he had. I told him to just add some salt and pepper and they should be just fine. Guess I'm kind of ornery and he's going to be hungry when he gets home.

On a happier note, our friends Chuck and Ambre had their baby Saturday! Jolie Renee is healthy and beautiful.

Friday I really wanted to go to Busch Gardens. Bill wanted to do something together, so we both got what we wanted. Sort of. It was freezing and also raining. So, we got completely soaked and were so cold. We shared a brisket platter from Trappers Smokehouse, walked around a little, and got hot chocolate. Although we enjoyed each other's company and had some great conversation, we were miserable. Olivia was a champ, but she was dressed appropriately and was covered from the rain in her stroller. This picture was taken when we got home. She was the only one still smiling.

Saturday our church gave their volunteers an appreciation picnic. It was also freezing and very windy. I had to leave early with Olivia and this was taken on our way home.

Despite all I just wrote about, we are really enjoying being married and having a baby!

2 comments:

tifi*cha cha* said...

look at that lil red nose!!! warm kisses from cali!
ps. warm tomatoes for lunch..yummy!!! heehee.

Brent and Abigail said...

We miss you guys! We will have to plan a dinner night sometime soon. Life does get crazy with kids. I was laughing out loud at Bill's story of diced tomato's for lunch! Hopefully we'll see you guys soon.